cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Support needed: critical loss of data in my collectionen/saved on device (not restorable)

A sudden stop (termination) of the app happens and no error message is been shown.
After start it new/again the local data of the app is disappeared! Also in some other files of the app.

In this way I store my data record for record in the app/local device:

Collect(LocPic;
{GEWERKNR:Text(GEWERKNR.Text);
BEM:"Freie Bemerkungen";
FOTO:upImage.Image;
CHECKED:false;
DATUM:Now();
GESENDET:"";
TOMATE:BAUVORH.Text;
BVNR:BAUVORH.Text});;
SaveData(LocPic; "LocPic"));;

Jens Rogge
Jens Rogge
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Support needed: critical loss of data in my collectionen/saved on device (not restorable)

Hi @jeanshak,

I replied to this issue on your another thread, a week ago:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Support-needed-critical-loss-of-data-in-my-colle...

Could you please explain a bit for what kind of support that you would like to ask?

If you want to restore the lost data, then you may need to create a support ticket, which is available at the bottom of the Support page:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Re: Support needed: critical loss of data in my collectionen/saved on device (not restorable)

No, The data are only testdata.
The question is, WHY does the App terminate without any error. 
What can I do, to let it run more constant without sudden termination

Thanks

Jens

Jens Rogge
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Start by getting rid of that semi colon after the semi colon between collect and savedata, you then have it again at the end.

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

this is the correct notation in Studio / installed in Germany:

; is like a comma ,
;; is like a ; 

Collect(LocPic;

SaveData(LocPic; "LocPic")

the break comes not at every storage order, only sometimes ....

Jens Rogge
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

this is the correct notation in Studio / installed in Germany:

; is like a comma ,
;; is like a ; 

Collect(LocPic;

SaveData(LocPic; "LocPic")

the break comes not at every storage order, only sometimes ....

Jens Rogge
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@jeanshak Apologies i was not aware of this, Us English ay.., so naive Smiley LOL

When you say termination, what do you mean? Does it throw you out of powerapps completely / back to the app selection screen?

Is it only when you press the buton or whatever control to activate this formula?

I had an issue similar a couple of months ago.  The only solution i found was to SaveAs a new app name and then use this.  I still to this day dont know what caused it.

Have you also tried removing a field at a time from your Collect function and testing.  It could be that one of the fields isnt playing nice.

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

yeah! 🙂
Termination means stop of the program, this purple powerapps pic arises or only the andorid screen is there. 
program finish.
It happens for example when i switch back to the app from another or while push a button, store or send. 
PLEASE SEE ALSO MY POST HERE (exact description) :
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Urgent-Support-are-powerApps-for-the-bin-LoadDat...

rename of the app is only a tempory solution. >> new store space.....

Have you also tried removing a field at a time from your Collect function and testing.  It could be that one of the fields isnt playing nice.

what field: I need a date, i need some text and this image ...... ????

Jens Rogge
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

What kind of fields? 
Date Fields format better as String?
Or numeric fields ?

Jens Rogge

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,700)