cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Suspected new bug - Sharepoint Onsave only firing once for new records

Hi everyone,

Have run into a very strange bug that has only started this week.  I have a powerapp based on a sharepoint list, with extensive logic in the onsave event to validate overall data entry before submitting form.  This takes the form of lots of standalone IF statements that each throw various Notify messages for errors before setting a varSaveNotOK flag inside each IF.  Form is only submitted when it falls through all the if statements and varSaveNotOK is never set.

This setup gave the user an opportunity to correct the data entry error and then press save again to resubmit.  Up until last week this process worked fine.  Starting this week, the user can still save a new entry if there are no data entry errors BUT if they make a mistake and a notify statement fires, the onsave button becomes totally unresponsive from then on.  I incremented a variable in onsave event to prove the save button click only works once.  The only option for user is to press cancel and then new button again and then they can only save if they do not make a mistake.

To prove this is a bug I reverted back to previous version from last week where extensive testing was done to prove all the validations were working.  Previous versions now also have the same problem from a known point in time where this was not happening.  I have obviously tried clearing cache, different browsers, even different machines that have not run the app before, same problem.

Interestingly if you edit an existing item and then change a field to an invalid value, you can attempt to save and be thrown notify messages all day.  The save button keeps working.  But when on a new item / form, the save button only ever works once, and never works again.

Obviously this is extremely frustrating and would appreciate any insight you might have into this issue.  Is this a bug??

Thanks in advance!!!

10 REPLIES 10

Hi everyone,

Have received confirmation from Microsoft that the fix has been deployed and I have confirmed save button is now working again as intended.  (for my tenancy at least).

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,773)