cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phineas
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Switch Changes Dropdown List Content

I am trying to write the following switch formula.

Whenever the user changes the content of the 'Issue Type' in the Dropdown the list of options in the 'Choose Topic' Dropdown performs a 'Switch' of the options specific to the choice made in 'Issue Type'.

If Dropdown1 is 'Content Update' then Dropdown2 choices are "Correct Spelling" or "Correct Location"
If Dropdown1 is 'Control Function' then Dropdown2 choices are "Dropdown","ComboBox","Checkbox","Radio Control","Form","Gallery"
If Dropdown1 is 'Application Function' then Dropdown2 choices are "List Data Doesn't Update" or "Filter Malfuction" or "Images not Available"

Switch(
If(DataCardValue20.Selected.Value = "Content Update", "Correct Spelling","Correct Location" & If(DataCardValue20.Selected.Value = "Control Function", "Dropdown","ComboBox","Checkbox","Radio Control","Form","Gallery")

Phineas_0-1657217608415.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Phineas 

Assuming that your items for the Issue Type are a straight list (i.e. ["Content Update", "Control Function", "Application Function"])

Then save yourself the extra logic work and change your Dropdown1 Items property to:

Table(
   {Value: "Content Update", Choices: ["Correct Spelling", "Correct Location"]},
   {Value: "Control Function", Choices: ["Dropdown","ComboBox","Checkbox","Radio Control","Form","Gallery"]},
   {Value: "Application Function", Choices: ' ["List Data Doesn't Update", "Filter Malfuction", "Images not Available"]}
)

Then set the Items property of Dropdown2 to: Dropdown1.Selected.Choices

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Phineas 

Assuming that your items for the Issue Type are a straight list (i.e. ["Content Update", "Control Function", "Application Function"])

Then save yourself the extra logic work and change your Dropdown1 Items property to:

Table(
   {Value: "Content Update", Choices: ["Correct Spelling", "Correct Location"]},
   {Value: "Control Function", Choices: ["Dropdown","ComboBox","Checkbox","Radio Control","Form","Gallery"]},
   {Value: "Application Function", Choices: ' ["List Data Doesn't Update", "Filter Malfuction", "Images not Available"]}
)

Then set the Items property of Dropdown2 to: Dropdown1.Selected.Choices

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Corissandageri
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

How about this

Switch(DataCardValue20.Selected.Value,"Content Update",["Correct Spelling","Correct Location"],"Control Function",["Dropdown","ComboBox","Checkbox","Radio Control","Form","Gallery"])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,782)