cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GFrazier
Frequent Visitor

Switch function causing delay when used in the OnChange event of a datacard selection

I am applying a Switch function in the OnChange event of a DataCard selector that Patches field values based on what was selected.  It works, but  is causing a response delay in the selector so the user must click the selector several times to make the selection stick.  (There are 9 options in the Switch.)

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found the solution ... just moved the Switch function to the SharePointIntegration OnSave event instead.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@GFrazier 

It is generally not necessary to use patch inside a form.

The fields are not on the form.  When an option is selected on the form it saves the date in the related date column.  It is a tracking system and we want to track how long it stays in each stage. Is there another way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

I found the solution ... just moved the Switch function to the SharePointIntegration OnSave event instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,457)