Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Priyasantra
Microsoft
Microsoft

Switch view in powerapp

VERY IMPORTANT NEED QUICK HELP

Hi all , 

I am trying to create an app called On-boarding Tracker to streamline the hiring and training process of my team Now my request is i have multiple screens and every screen has its own form based on who is logging in. The entire app is automated using flow. 

Now when a new item is created in the app it generates an email to the new joiner with the link where the person should only be able to see his form on the screen when the form loads. So each form should be visible to the user based on who is logged in. This feature was available in Info Path when-- "when form loads RULE- Currentuser=Accound ID -->ACTION - switch view to form 2

Can anyone help me please.  This has stopped my project and i am struggling from past 1 month.

8 REPLIES 8
eka24
Super User
Super User

Hi
If you have different forms on the same screen then you can set the visible property of the form to true or false based on the user. Example If(User().Email=Abc,true,false)

If the forms are on separate screens the you can take advantage of the Navigation. Thus If(User().Email=Abc,Navigate(Screen1),Navigate(Scree2))

Hello,

As I have 4 different screen where do I have to set this formula. I already have tried this in the Onvisible property of the screen. Each screen is for different user and each user is different everytime. The user does not remain same. based on the new item entry.

@Priyasantra 

If the user email address value is changing every time then setting a condition becomes a bit difficult.

Do you have any sharepoint list/form where in you are storing the role of the particular user I mean like is the user a fresher to the organization or an experienced one or a column that indicates the work that user does.

If you have that then you have put a If condition on the OnStart property of the application which navigates the user to the desired screen based on the role that they posses.

Hope this information helps.

If this information helps you, please hit the like button and mark the solution as resolved, so that it will help other users in future.

To dynamically deal With different users, I agree with @Krishna92 the user table should contain role column such as Manager, supervisor etc. , could help on this

I do have different columns. Those are as below

Employee details(person or a group)

Manager details(person or group)

Date of Joinig(Date)

There are of few kind which I do have as columns in my list

Regards,

Priya

Thankyou So much right now I am using the formula as shown below

Set(username, Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail); If(username=Office365Users.ManagerV2().mail, Navigate([Screen2], ScreenTransition.Cover))

I have used Office 365 and sharepoint as my connector but this does not helps me. Can you help me further. 

I have checked this link but I found no help in this. As this is not relevant to my query. Can you provide some alternative

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,272)