cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GCuva

Switch visibility

Good Afternoon.

Sory for my English. I wanted to make an inquiry.

I have a Y/N switch, i want two date/time fields to be visible when it is at 1 and when it is at o they are not visible.

Try the following command line:

IF(DataCardValue22.Value = 1, dataValue4.Visible = 1)

But it does not work. Could someone tell me how to continue ?

From already thanks you very much.

Greetins from Argentina.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@GCuva 

You cannot "set" the properties of a control in PowerApps.

What you will want to do is to go to the Visible property on the controls that you wish to make visible or not and put this formula:

DataCardValue22.Value = 1

If the Value of your DataCardValue22 is 1, then this will be "true", thus your control Visible will be "true" and will be visible.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@GCuva 

You cannot "set" the properties of a control in PowerApps.

What you will want to do is to go to the Visible property on the controls that you wish to make visible or not and put this formula:

DataCardValue22.Value = 1

If the Value of your DataCardValue22 is 1, then this will be "true", thus your control Visible will be "true" and will be visible.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Yes, sorry.

What I want is to make the date/time fields visible when the siwtchs is "true". Is this possible ? In what way could i do it =

I attach some images to make it clearer.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

   

@GCuva 

I assume by switch you mean the Toggle control.

If so, then same thing...just set the visible property of the controls  you want to change visibility on to:

yourToggleControlName.Value

If the toggle is on, then the controls will be visible.  If not, then they will not.

I think you are very close. On the Visible property of Martes Hi and Martes HF Data Cards, you need If('Martes SN' = true, true, false), where Martes SN is the name of your Y/N toggle.

This is saying "if the toggle is set to true, make the data card Martes HI and Martes HF visible, otherwise make them not visible"

@LooseChippings 

You will need to check the "Value" of the control - 'Martes SN'.Value to get the true or false.

Also, there is no need for all the extra true and false in the visible property.

'Martes SN'.Value will be already either true or false.  There is no extra need for then return another true or false.

Thank you for all friend

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,935)