Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmad-KAISPE
Helper V
Helper V

Sync SharePoint List with Common Data Service Table

Hi all,

I am trying to sync my share point  list data with common data service table. Now, what I am doing is, using my share point as  data source and save all data there. I want to sync my share point list data to CDS table.

For example, When a save button pressed in PowerApps, data should also save in common data service table with share point list.

two possible solution i know is:

1- Use Get Data option in Common Data Service for importing data from SP list.

2- Use Power automate flow to read data from SP list and save it in CDS table.

Is there any other way to save data in CDS with share point list?

Regards,

Ahmad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Ahmad-KAISPE ,

You can also Patch to CDS, but if so every user opening the app needs the per-user licence.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ahmad-KAISPE ,

You would need Power Automate with two Flows (one in each direction) with the owner of the Flow needing a License by User licence.

You need to avoid the "infinite loop" by either making one timed, or excluding items changed by the user from the trigger.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks for your reply.

I am already saving data in share point from PowerApps. I also want to save same data to my CDS table.

Is there any option I can use patch function or any other method in power app to save data in multiple data sources. like share point and common data service?

Regards
Ahmad

@Ahmad-KAISPE ,

You can also Patch to CDS, but if so every user opening the app needs the per-user licence.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,502)