cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sperry1625
Helper V
Helper V

Synchronized Scrolling?

I have a dilemma of sorts.  I am building a Data Update SharePoint List form app for a client.  The data consists of Master Records, Changes to the Master and Changes from a Questionnaire sent to the data owner.  I have a need to display the three sets of date "MASTER (Read Only) | Mashup (Editing Data) | Questionnaire Data (Read-Only)" on a single screen. I wanted three columns. There are well over 40 fields for each set, so ~40 * 3. I was thinking having three forms, left side is a View Form, center and Edit Form, right a view form.  The concept works great, until you need to scroll the form.  I can't synchronize, or scroll all forms at once so the fields stay aligned horizontally.

I could potentially put all the fields on one form but I see that as being a nightmare to manage.  Since the data is from 3 different sources and I need everything to align precisely. 

Has anyone ever done anything like this? I am open to any ideas.  I did think of one, but not sure it's a great UX.

Looking for some alternatives.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@sperry1625 

If your data is from three sources and needs to potentially be going to three sources, than the idea of having the information on the same form is not going to work as it will never submit properly.

You cannot sync the scrolling of any objects in PowerApps as the controls do not reveal their scroll position in any meaningful way.

However...(you knew there must be a silver lining to this cloud) - you can put all of your forms into a Datacard of a Canvas object and then the datacard would be able to scroll them all at once.  

To get a Canvas and Datacard, you need to add a Scrollable screen to your app.  If you want to use the canvas and datacard in your current screen, you can cut and paste the canvas control to your existing screen.  Then you just need to get your forms in to the datacard it has and then position the control as needed to provide the scrolling you want.  Essentially your editforms would be complete height (no scrollbars please) and then the datacard they are contained in would scroll all of them at once.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@sperry1625 

If your data is from three sources and needs to potentially be going to three sources, than the idea of having the information on the same form is not going to work as it will never submit properly.

You cannot sync the scrolling of any objects in PowerApps as the controls do not reveal their scroll position in any meaningful way.

However...(you knew there must be a silver lining to this cloud) - you can put all of your forms into a Datacard of a Canvas object and then the datacard would be able to scroll them all at once.  

To get a Canvas and Datacard, you need to add a Scrollable screen to your app.  If you want to use the canvas and datacard in your current screen, you can cut and paste the canvas control to your existing screen.  Then you just need to get your forms in to the datacard it has and then position the control as needed to provide the scrolling you want.  Essentially your editforms would be complete height (no scrollbars please) and then the datacard they are contained in would scroll all of them at once.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

I was looking at the Canvas when I saw this reply.  That would work for what I want to do.  Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,633)