cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syntax changes according to language?

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new in Power Apps and I'm following a course on Microsoft Learn, but the values' or formulae syntax (mainly commas and punctuation) they give in exercises not always match. This said I'm in a french language environment, does this have any effect on the issue I'm having?

Thank you. 

HCF

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Hugo_CF ,

There is certainly different syntax for different languages - I struggle with it a bit trying to provide solutions.

Have a read of this guide - and you will see several are language dependant (for instance a comma (List Separator ,) is at times a semicolon; and a semicolon (Formula Chaining 😉 is sometimes two semicolons ;;

Also this more detailed explanation may be useful,

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hello Warren,

Thank you very much for your very useful help.  

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Hugo_CF ,

There is certainly different syntax for different languages - I struggle with it a bit trying to provide solutions.

Have a read of this guide - and you will see several are language dependant (for instance a comma (List Separator ,) is at times a semicolon; and a semicolon (Formula Chaining 😉 is sometimes two semicolons ;;

Also this more detailed explanation may be useful,

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hugo_CF ,

Actually, the functions supported within PowerApps app would remain the same in different region/language, only some of operators are language dependent, e.g. ',' , ';' and '.'.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/operators

For example, some regions of the world use a . (dot or period) as the decimal separator while others use a , (comma). If you want to get rid of the Language issue within your canvas app, you could consider configure your canvas app as a Global App.

More details about creating a global app in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/global-apps

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Warren,

Thank you very much for your very useful help.  

Hi @Hugo_CF ,

Have you taken a try the solution I provided above?

If the solution I and @WarrenBelz provided above is helpful in your scenario, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (81,289)