cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j-taylor
Regular Visitor

TCP/IP : Local Network

Hello,

I was wondering if its possible to use Power Apps to send TCP/IP messages on a local network?

If yes, is there any documentation for this?

Thanks,

Luke

2 REPLIES 2
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @j-taylor 

Welcome to the community.

PowerApps is SaaS, which takes the whole lan situation out of the window. It would be nice to know which type of messages you are talking about. peer-to-peer on a lan is the opposite of what PowerApps provides.

If you have tech that lives on edge devices you may wish to have containers do the heavy lifting and use gateway to update dataverse, again it all depends on your use case.

hope this helps,

R

j-taylor
Regular Visitor

Hello @rubin_boer 

Thank you for your reply, basically I was hoping to be able to send simple strings over TCP/IP. The TCP/IP requirement is due to the fact the other decides will be unlikley to have internet access.

I was pointed towards power apps, as they can be used with 365 guides. 365 Dynamics Forum Post

From what you say, and looking at the power apps creation tool I dont believe it is currently possible.

Thanks,

Luke

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,976)