cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tamras Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Tab Index between 2 forms

I have a scrollable screen with 2 forms (2 SharePoint list datasources).  Is there a way to set the tab index where it doesn't go to the browser's address bar?  I tried setting the TabIndex from 1- 7 but it didn't work, the tab order becomes 1,2,3,4,8,9,5 (see below image)

But if I set 1-5 fields below as TabIndex 0, and 8 and 9 as TabIndex 1 and 2 respectively, the tab order becomes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 -- however tabs 6 & 7 are on the address bar. And, any button with TabIndex also goes after 5 but before the address bar.
2019-07-22_1015.png

Where 1,2,3,4,8,9 are from same list/form and 5 from another list/form

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
shailendra74 Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Tab Index between 2 forms

Hi @Tamras 

Tabstop functions withina form (form1) before moving to another form (form2).  So even if you set the tabindex of form2 control to 5, the tabstop first navigates within form1 before moving out to form2.

In the screen shot shared, if attachment2 has a tabindex 99 the tabstop would still navigate to attachment2 after comments control.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tamras ,

Do you want to focus on specific Text Input box based on the Tab Index value you set up within these Text Input boxes?

Do you mean that the Tab order 6 and 7 would be the the Address bar of your browser?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:8.JPG

I set the Tab Index from 1-7 as above screenshot. When I run the app, and press the Tab keyword, the tab order works well as below:Test.gif

Please consider add a normal blank screen within your app (without using scrollable screen), then add your two Edit forms within this screen. Then configure the Tab Index value for fields in your Edit form1 and Edit form2, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

3 REPLIES 3
shailendra74 Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Tamras 

Tabstop functions withina form (form1) before moving to another form (form2).  So even if you set the tabindex of form2 control to 5, the tabstop first navigates within form1 before moving out to form2.

In the screen shot shared, if attachment2 has a tabindex 99 the tabstop would still navigate to attachment2 after comments control.

Thanks.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tamras ,

Do you want to focus on specific Text Input box based on the Tab Index value you set up within these Text Input boxes?

Do you mean that the Tab order 6 and 7 would be the the Address bar of your browser?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:8.JPG

I set the Tab Index from 1-7 as above screenshot. When I run the app, and press the Tab keyword, the tab order works well as below:Test.gif

Please consider add a normal blank screen within your app (without using scrollable screen), then add your two Edit forms within this screen. Then configure the Tab Index value for fields in your Edit form1 and Edit form2, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tamras Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

@shailendra74  Thanks. That's what I figured but I thought it would be more useful if there's a way to manually set TabIndex however we want it.

@v-xida-msft with the image you included, i want the TabIndex order to be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 6.   I want the tab to go to the attachment field (Edit form 2) before it goes back to another field within Edit form 1. I tried your solution on a regular screen (not scrollable) with the same result. 

Anyway, not sure if this is a fix but I just ended up splitting List1 into 3 Edit forms.  On my screen, I have 4 Edit Forms, left is from List 1 (text input controls), Middle is from List 1 (attachment control), and right top is from List 2 (attachment control - which will be stored/transferred in a library using Flow) and right bottom is from List 1 again (attachment). I didnt set any TabIndex, I just left them at default 0.  The tab order worked as per requirements.
2019-07-25_1243.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,448)