Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClaireAllen
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Tab Index control in a gallery

Hello community,

I need your help please.

I've built an App has a Gallery control, I would like to use the Keyboard Tab option to move across the columns as my app has a Scrolling effect like Excel.

I have seen previous posts about this but nothing around a fix and was wondering if anyone had managed to resolve any of the issues,

I want to be able to Tab across left to right, and I have set my TabIndex Property to 1, 2, 3, etc, I have also tried using Column name.TabIndex +1 but that did not work either.

Any Suggestions on how to get this working would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance

Claire

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ClaireAllen 

The Tab Index property should never be changed.  It is warned against in the docs.  And it is recommended to utilize a container control for your controls to contain the tab logic you want.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes ,
Thank you for the information,

Do you have any examples for the container control where the Keyboard Tab would work?

Thank you in advance

Claire

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (1,934)