cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Water_Cloud
Frequent Visitor

Tab Index controls

I have developed a Canvas App and I have serveral pages that contain different inputs.  I use Tab Index to control the order using numbers 1-9 as needed.  Some pages the Tab INdex controls the process prfectly.  Other pages, there seems to be an overriding control that is not allowing the Tab Index to control the process.  

I have ensured that I am not using 0 and all other labels are set to -1 Tab INdex.  

One page appears to have the X axis overiding the Tab Index and other pages there is no apparent reason.  

Has anyone found that other actions can override the Tab Index control 

5 REPLIES 5
Duhorothy
Frequent Visitor

Try this and let me know if it works. Save, Exit, Reopen in edit mode.

I had this happen to me where the tab index was not working until I saved and reopened.

Tried to save and restart and problem is still there.  

I also tried refreshing the Data Source.  I saw that on another post, but that did not work either

Darn! Could you share more about your app? 

• Are you using a form or input controls?
  • What types of input controls are you using and does it seem to break with certain ones?

I have only used Tab Index in a form, but maybe this info will help others to understand your app.

Input controls. 

There does not seem to be a specific patterns.  Some pages the TabIndex works properly, others the order seems to be based upon some other controlling factor.  

I'm thinking it is a setting that I have but not sure.  

It appears that the x and y axis still controls to some extent.  

While some input boxes allow the Tab Index to fully control, others want to revert to a natural Z pattern even when the TabIndex has an ordered number.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,899)