Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Tab order on input

Hello,

I've searched for this topic but couldn't find anything, so I'm posting a question about it. 

I have a form that created by Inserting various text input boxes in the layout that I wanted. Question is, how do I control which field is active when I press the TAB button on the keybord? I have two fields side by side and when I TAB into that row the field on the right is the active field and pressing the TAB button then makes the left field the active one. I want to reverse the order but can't seem to find where that is performed.

Thanks,

Ray

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Hello @hpkeong@gokello@Ray_Garza

I have form and custom controls in my screen.

I know that TabIndex is set to 0 by default and priority is given to the Form Inputs.

But how do i overrid this index so that when tab is pressed controls are selected left to right - top to bottom regardless if they are form controls or custom / added controls

Highlighted

Keyboard navigation order is from top-to-bottom, left-to-right. The form is treated as a single unit and all controls inside it will be tabbed in sequence. It is not possible for tab navigation to go from some controls inside the form and then to other controls outside the form, and then back to other controls inside the form.

Is there a reason why you cannot put all controls inside the form?

Highlighted

So, just so folks don't feel crazy if they are still having issues, I have noticed that you can indeed tab outside of a form.  In fact, I have had to resort to disabling surrounding UI elements to stop the tabbing from exiting the form.  In fact, my experience has shown that the tab order will even spill out into the browser elements such as the URL bar.  I do wish you were correct but tackling this tab order has been a continuous problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,409)