cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLam63
Frequent Visitor

TabIndex Property

Hi all, so I was playing around with TabIndex property and it did not work the way I thought it was if someone could clarify the details. I had 3 TextInput controls, the first control has a TabIndex of 0, second control TabIndex of 2 and third control TabIndex of 1. When I'm on the second control and click tab it goes to the first control, but when I'm in the third control and click tab it does nothing. Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I think 0 is not reletaive to the process.  I think you need to number them all 1,2,3

This is in the help docs to text input

Customizes the tab order of controls at runtime when set to a non-zero value.

So must be a non zero value

JLam63
Frequent Visitor

@JLam63wrote:

Hi all, so I was playing around with TabIndex property and it did not work the way I thought it was if someone could clarify the details. I had 3 TextInput controls, the first control has a TabIndex of 0, second control TabIndex of 2 and third control TabIndex of 1. When I'm on the second control and click tab it goes to the first control, but when I'm in the third control and click tab it does nothing. Thanks in advance

I did some further testing, the help is a bit confusing to the test results. (Sorry can't find how to attach screenshot..)but I now have 7 fields, first with tab index 4, 2nd tabindex 3, 3rd tabindex 3, 4 tabindex 2, 5 tabindex 2, 6 tabindex 3 or 4 for testing.

The first field if I tab it will go to the 6th field if the tabindex is 4, 2nd field will go to the 3rd field (tabindex 2 goes to tabindex 2), but for some reason if I choose a field with tabindex of 2 and change my 6th field tabindex to 3, it goes to the 2nd field still which has a tabindex of 3. It is ignoring the last field.

Sorry if this is confusing but I can't attach a file to show what I mean.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,336)