cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gokulnath
Helper IV
Helper IV

Table formatted form

Hi all we are in the process of migrating infopath form to power app form. In infopath form table control is used to design a table formatted form with alternate row colors (form with single table with more than 200+ rows , rows contain the some static labels as well as controls). Please advise me on this , what is the best approach i can use in powerapp ?

I am using the multiple data labels in each row with formatting each and every columns and rows.

Thanks,

gokulnath

5 REPLIES 5
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@gokulnath 

It depends on how you are sorting the gallery. For example, it would be different if you were sorting on ID vs. date. @RandyHayes has a video here that might help.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v66-rwPkVvA . It shows how to do it independent of the data itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Drrickryp ,

Above example bring all the records from table show it in Galley control. How is it related to my scenario.? Please explain if I misunderstood.

My scenario is 200+ controls in table format structure (not 200 records in table format).

Thanks,

gokulnath.

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

It would be impractical to have 200 controls in a single row in a gallery and would likely would create a big performance hit even if it was possible.  Do you really have 200 fields in a single table?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Drrickryp ,

we are not using 200 control in a single row. (100 row *6 column table format with 2 controls and 4 labels in a single row).

I have created 200+ controls in SharePoint.

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

I don't understand about the 200 controls in SharePoint.  The Infopath equivalent in PowerApps is called a repeating table.  It is essentially and editable gallery.  @aprildunnam  has a nice video that walks through how to create one in PowerApps  here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4mKS1hS7M .  Take a look and see if this works for you.  There are several different ways to accomplish this and there are more  videos to check out.  Do an internet search for "Repeating tables" and PowerApps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,951)