cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Victor2

Table in a riche text editor

Hello,

I am trying to include a table by default in a rich text editor in powerapps.

I used HTML in the property Default of the rich text editor but it doesn't accept the caracter " so I cannot change the style of the table.

I tried tu use " instead of " but it didn't worked.

Thank you for your help

<table>
 <tr>
  <th style="border: 1px solid black;padding: 5px 20px 5px 20px;text-align: center;background-color: #E2DCDB;">Name</th>
  <th style="border: 1px solid black;padding: 5px 20px 5px 20px;text-align: center;background-color: #E2DCDB;">Favorite Color</th>
  <th style="border: 1px solid black;padding: 5px 20px 5px 20px;text-align: center;background-color: #E2DCDB;">Favorite Color</th>
 </tr>
 <tr>
  <td style="border: 1px solid black;padding: 5px 20px 5px 20px;text-align: center;">Bob</td>
  <td style="border: 1px solid black;padding: 5px 20px 5px 20px;text-align: center;">Yellow</td>
  <td style="border: 1px solid black;padding: 5px 20px 5px 20px;text-align: center;">YellowFavorite ColorFavorite ColorFavorite Color</td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
  <td style="border: 1px solid black;padding: 5px 20px 5px 20px;text-align: center;">Michelle</td>
  <td style="border: 1px solid black;padding: 5px 20px 5px 20px;text-align: center;">Purple</td>
  <td style="border: 1px solid black;padding: 5px 20px 5px 20px;text-align: center;">Yellow</td>
 </tr>
</table>

3 REPLIES 3
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Victor2 

Unfortunately, the controls in PowerApps provide limited HTML/CSS support, so it's possible that you won't be able to fully accomplish what you want to achieve. In cases where you want to use ", you can escape it by using "" instead.

Therefore, your formula would look like this:

image.png

Thank Timl,

i only succeed to show a table without border.

Maybe I will have to wait for an evolution of PowerApps

someone got any idea to get around this problem ?

PauloRech
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

It's insane why Micro$oft did't provide this funcionality in the Rich Text Editor Control.

Unbeliveable!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,892)