cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaac1
Helper II
Helper II

Table structure advice - a PA based on Sharepoint lists

I'm just starting out to learn Power Apps.  The only tools I have right now is Power Apps built over a Sharepoint Online list(s).  

Our records tend to make frequent use of people-type of assignments - like who is the assigned _______, the assigned _______, and so on and so forth.  In many cases, we need to assign multiple people - so for the Foreman column, there might be 5 of them.  

In the past, under sloppy development (i.e., sharepoint-only), we might just cram 5 people into that column, in Sharepoint, column type=Person or Group.  But I want to begin incorporating all of my database development training into my Power Apps experience as much as I possibly can.  So, obviously, this is a one-to-many relationship (one primary record, many Foreman values), so I can just begin by making a second Sharepoint list meant to contain one record for each Foreman person......all linked (foreign key) to the master record............Right?  It will be possible (later, when I'm making the Power app), to do all of the Power Apps patching that I need in order to keep this relationship faithful, right?  Any other suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10

Ok, thanks.  I will try it out and you are right - for no cost it is a good tool.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,258)