cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonty
Level: Powered On

Tables with GUIDs in not loading

I am assuming that any table that uses a guid does not load into Powerapps? I am trying to add a load of tables which have GUIDs but none of them load except the ones without GUIDs. Id this feature to be supported or is it a bug?

5 REPLIES 5
Jonty

Re: Tables with GUIDs in not loading

Sorry just to give a bit more background, the database is being loaded from an SQL on premise database through the data gateway. I just receive an error saying please try again.
Microsoft dimazaid
Microsoft

Loading tables with GUIDs is working fine from SQL on-prem thru the on-premises data gateway. Anything else special about those tables?

Jonty

Hmmm... That's my logic out the window. The only other thing I can think is that there is no primary key on the tables, no in incrementing id. The guids give me row uniqueness but they are not incremental either. Perhaps this is the issue?
Jonty

Ok, I have added an identity column to the table and tried again and it is still throwing an error so that is not the problem. The table it is connecting to has 1.6 million rows in it, perhaos this is the issue. Will try replicating the table and removing some data to see if that works. Let you know.

Jonty

Removed each column sequentially, no success, still will not load the table, my search continues

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,105)