cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbjames
Helper I
Helper I

Tabular display from filtered data

I'm recording data from a sports day in the following format (with example data):

Name             Year Group       Group        Number of Points

Student 1         3                      Group 1            8

Student 2         3                      Group 2            7

Student 3         3                      Group 1            6

Student 4         4                      Group 2            8

etc.

I'd like to show a table in the following format:

Year Group              Group              Total points

3                              Group 1                14

Group 2                 7

4                              Group 1

Group 2                 8

How would I best achieve this?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@rbjames 

There is an example of exactly what you want to do in the GroupBy documentation here:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-groupby  In particular see the part about using GroupBy() and aggregate functions.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@rbjames 

There is an example of exactly what you want to do in the GroupBy documentation here:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-groupby  In particular see the part about using GroupBy() and aggregate functions.  

rbjames
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks - so the best way is to get the data into a collection and display that way? As the data will be changing throughout the afternoon is there a simple way to update the collection with the latest data?

rbjames
Helper I
Helper I

OK I've got the data to now display how I want it in a table. I have two remaining things to do. Firstly, I'd like a button that can be pressed to retrieve the latest data (or a timer to refresh the data once a minute) - is there an easy command for that?

Lastly, I'd like to put in a column chart to display the results for the 4 groups. I have choices:

1. Create a collection based on summed results

2. Pull the summed data direct from the sharepoint list. 

I know the second one would be one less step. Currently I have a gallery for each of the 4 groups with each filtering slightly differently. What do you suggest? I'll carry on looking through youtube in the meantime.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,672)