cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akbulut
Frequent Visitor

Take Location in background using PowerApps

Hi,

I want to take location's latitude and longitude by using powerapps.I can take location by running PowerApps but I dont want this. I want to take location in background not running APP. Can I take location in background and per 5 minitues?

Is there anyone who can help me about this matter?

Best Regards,

Akbulut

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Akbulut,

Do you want to take location's latitude and longitude using PowerApps without running an app?

Currently, within PowerApps, we could get location's latitude and longitude using the Location function within a running app. If you want to take location's latitude and longitude using PowerApps without running an app (take location in background), I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Akbulut,

Do you want to take location's latitude and longitude using PowerApps without running an app?

Currently, within PowerApps, we could get location's latitude and longitude using the Location function within a running app. If you want to take location's latitude and longitude using PowerApps without running an app (take location in background), I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi guys!

Let's imagine something:

- One of my drivers starts a trip at my app, to start getting the location, but after this, we needs to use a Map to drive.

Is the app abble to get the location without appear in the screen of the smartphone?

How can I get this?

Thank you.

Robson.

Hello to all.

I'm having the same issue.

Are there any developments on this subject? Two years have passed over this thread.

Thanks in advance.

am curious if there's been developments as well 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,995)