Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Levent
Level: Powered On

Taking Values From a List and Filtering from Other List

Hi,

Powerapps version:3.19121.12

My form was workin 6 months ago but I think after a version update, it is not now.

I have a list with a lookup column  (department) and a list named Departments with a person column (Koordinator).

In powerapps there is a dropdown for department column. Other form field is for Koordinator value which is getting the Koordinator name from the Departments list by comparing if the selected value is matching the Title field of this list automatically according to the selection of the department form field . 

At second form field I added the formula: LookUp(Departments; Title = DataCardValue1.SelectedItems).'Koordinatör'

LookUp(Bölüm; Title = DataCardValue1.SelectedItems; 'Koordinatör') or some other versions. I also tried with Filter function too.

It was workin previously as: Table(LookUp(Bölüm; Title = DataCardValue1.SelectedItems).'Koordinatör').DisplayName) but after version change it is not working now. If I could get any help, it will be very appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Re: Taking Values From a List and Filtering from Other List

@Levent  The SharePoint connection issue has been fixed, please check.

Except that, there is something wrong with your code, If the second form field (for Koordinatör) is a text box, please try this:

LookUp(Bölüm; Title = DataCardValue1.Selected.Value).'Koordinatör'.DisplayName

Or

LookUp(Bölüm; ID = DataCardValue1.Selected.Id).'Koordinatör'.DisplayName

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
EricLott
Level 10

PowerApps introduced a new Selected function recently. Try this:
DataCardValue1.Selected.Koordinatör
Levent

Thank you but I think my specific problem is Ican't make filter or lookup functions work truely. If I try to filter a list to a combobox or dropdown in powerapps form, it even does not work nowadays after version updating. It was working at previous versions.

Bölüm is a list of sharepoint (means department). My function for items field of a combobox:

Filter(Bölüm, Title="Sample Dept").

This basic formula doesn't work too. If I make it work I will focus on my real problems.

Edit: real problem is here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Microsoft-SharePoint-Client-ResourceNotFound...

Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

@Levent  The SharePoint connection issue has been fixed, please check.

Except that, there is something wrong with your code, If the second form field (for Koordinatör) is a text box, please try this:

LookUp(Bölüm; Title = DataCardValue1.Selected.Value).'Koordinatör'.DisplayName

Or

LookUp(Bölüm; ID = DataCardValue1.Selected.Id).'Koordinatör'.DisplayName

Sik

View solution in original post

Levent

Thank you, I know the code error. The Original code was like as you stated but I tried every version of the code because of the error and wrote here a wrong version accidentally. Anyway ıt is workin after the sharepoint issue. Thank for all the support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,934)