cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Levent
Frequent Visitor

Taking Values From a List and Filtering from Other List

Hi,

Powerapps version:3.19121.12

My form was workin 6 months ago but I think after a version update, it is not now.

I have a list with a lookup column  (department) and a list named Departments with a person column (Koordinator).

In powerapps there is a dropdown for department column. Other form field is for Koordinator value which is getting the Koordinator name from the Departments list by comparing if the selected value is matching the Title field of this list automatically according to the selection of the department form field . 

At second form field I added the formula: LookUp(Departments; Title = DataCardValue1.SelectedItems).'Koordinatör'

LookUp(Bölüm; Title = DataCardValue1.SelectedItems; 'Koordinatör') or some other versions. I also tried with Filter function too.

It was workin previously as: Table(LookUp(Bölüm; Title = DataCardValue1.SelectedItems).'Koordinatör').DisplayName) but after version change it is not working now. If I could get any help, it will be very appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Levent  The SharePoint connection issue has been fixed, please check.

Except that, there is something wrong with your code, If the second form field (for Koordinatör) is a text box, please try this:

 

LookUp(Bölüm; Title = DataCardValue1.Selected.Value).'Koordinatör'.DisplayName

 

Or

 

LookUp(Bölüm; ID = DataCardValue1.Selected.Id).'Koordinatör'.DisplayName

 

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerApps introduced a new Selected function recently. Try this:
DataCardValue1.Selected.Koordinatör

Thank you but I think my specific problem is Ican't make filter or lookup functions work truely. If I try to filter a list to a combobox or dropdown in powerapps form, it even does not work nowadays after version updating. It was working at previous versions.

Bölüm is a list of sharepoint (means department). My function for items field of a combobox:

Filter(Bölüm, Title="Sample Dept").

This basic formula doesn't work too. If I make it work I will focus on my real problems.

Edit: real problem is here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Microsoft-SharePoint-Client-ResourceNotFound...

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Levent  The SharePoint connection issue has been fixed, please check.

Except that, there is something wrong with your code, If the second form field (for Koordinatör) is a text box, please try this:

 

LookUp(Bölüm; Title = DataCardValue1.Selected.Value).'Koordinatör'.DisplayName

 

Or

 

LookUp(Bölüm; ID = DataCardValue1.Selected.Id).'Koordinatör'.DisplayName

 

Sik

Thank you, I know the code error. The Original code was like as you stated but I tried every version of the code because of the error and wrote here a wrong version accidentally. Anyway ıt is workin after the sharepoint issue. Thank for all the support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,180)