cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Taking pictures on an iOS Device That is Offline and saving to SharePoint Library

Hello, I am new to PowerApps.  I have a use case that I need to find a solution to fast. Not sure if PowerApps will work.  I need to be able to take pictures on iPad/iPhones with two metadata fields on the form while no internet connection is available.  Once internet is available I would like it to upload the pictures to a folder on a SharePoint document library and name the file using the two metadata fields concatenated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous ,

Your post question was saving photos offline - I cannot see any SaveData or LoadData in your code. You latest question seems to be based around a Flow, which you cannot run offline.

If this is another topic, please post it on another thread (otherwise the subject will confuse), but I am happy to continue the offline discussion if you post the relevant code.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Here is a good post on the process.

You need to use the LoadData/SaveData function to store the images (and data in a collection then retrieve and save them when online.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @Anonymous 

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WarrenBelz , I am sorry for the late response. I haven't been able to follow the instructions. I will work on this tonight and tomorrow and get back to you. I really appreciate your response and follow up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @WarrenBelz ,

I just tried to follow the post and the steps.  I am having trouble getting the powerApp working. Not sure on the last step on the post.

"The gallery control’s “Items” property it bound to the PictureColl collection.

The “OnSelect” property of the submit button contains the following formula:

ForAll(PictureColl,Collect(SubmitData, { filename: Concatenate(Text( Now(), DateTimeFormat.LongDate ),Mid("0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRTSTIUVWXYZ", 1 + RoundDown(Rand() * 36, 0), 1),Mid("0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRTSTIUVWXYZ", 1 + RoundDown(Rand() * 36, 0), 1),".jpg"), filebody: Url }));

SaveImages.Run(Concat(SubmitData, filename & "|" & filebody & "#"))

The formula creates random filenames with dates and assigns the filename and image date to a collection named SubmitData (borrowed from Paul’s post). Then the file data is concatenated using a pipe | between the filename and the file contents, and concatenated using a hash # between each image. This is then passed into the SaveImages flow I have added to the PowerApp."

When I include both formulas for "OnSelect" property for the Submit button I get the following error:

Issue: "Invocation of unknown or unspported function.

Button1

.OnSelect

If I remove SaveImages.Run(Concat(SubmitData, filename & "|" & filebody & "#")) from the OnSelect  then the error goes away but when I test the app. nothing happes.

I have named my flow as SaveImages as stated in the instructions.

Please let me know if there is more information I can provide.

Thank you!

@Anonymous ,

Your post question was saving photos offline - I cannot see any SaveData or LoadData in your code. You latest question seems to be based around a Flow, which you cannot run offline.

If this is another topic, please post it on another thread (otherwise the subject will confuse), but I am happy to continue the offline discussion if you post the relevant code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @WarrenBelz ,

I am sorry for the confusion. This is the first time I am working with PowerApps and the second time with Flow. For now, I have accepted the solution as it's given me the direction I need. I will research the Save Data/Load Data functions and post again if I get stuck.

Thank you for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,390)