cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAMUELAL
Resolver I
Resolver I

Tap to highlight items in DataTable

I have a DataTable that is filtered using a DropDown and a TextInput.

DataTable1:  

Items = Filter('HSS Picksheet (6)', And(Title = ResourceDropDown.Selected.Result), StartsWith('Serial Number',SerialSearchBox.Text))

With the results that come up after filtering, I would like my users to be able to tap multiple lines of data to highlight them. 

Basically a unofficial checklist.

Right now when I use the app there one row that is highlighted, but only one row can be highlighted at a time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@SAMUELAL 

Unfortunately, a datatable allows only one selection.  However, a Gallery is much more customizable and can be designed to look exactly like a datatable and you will be able to select more than one row.  @RezaDorrani  has a nice video of how to do this here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I0Pt_8I6k8 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@SAMUELAL 

Unfortunately, a datatable allows only one selection.  However, a Gallery is much more customizable and can be designed to look exactly like a datatable and you will be able to select more than one row.  @RezaDorrani  has a nice video of how to do this here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I0Pt_8I6k8 

View solution in original post

Thank you.

I have created a gallery to my liking. How can I make it so that I can change the fill color just by tapping on the row?

Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

It is done through the Template Fill property of the gallery like

If(ThisItem.IsSelected,LightBlue,RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0))
For multiple items put a checkbox in the gallery and make the Template fill property
If(Checkbox1.Value=true,LightBlue,RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0))_1.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (970)