cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Teams App - SharePoint Connector - Not prompting for Site

As a part of migrating some of our existing applications and trying out Dataverse I created a Teams App and associated Dataverse Table intending to connect to both a SharePoint List (that is within the same Team's SharePoint site) and a Dataverse Table.  This was just an initial test to ensure I can connect to both datasources.  However, I can't seem to connect to SharePoint.

Clicking to Add data and Connectors gets me to the following:

jhall_IUH_0-1611338076634.png

When I select the Office 365 Users Connector, I can select the existing Connection I created as a part of this process and it is added to the app just fine.  However, when I click SharePoint and select the existing SharePoint Connection I also created, it just keeps opening new Connection windows over and over.  It never prompts me for the SharePoint site to connect to.

I even popped into the PowerApps Admin panel to look around and see if I needed to configure something there, but just am not finding it.  The Connection(s) exist and are shown within the Teams Environment, but it never asks me for the Site/List to connect the SharePoint Connector to.

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

It looks like this is a bug when using the Teams Desktop client.  I was able to reproduce it there.  As a workaround if you open Teams in a Browser session and edit the Power App there you can add the SharePoint connection normally. I've reported it to the Microsoft product team and they are looking into it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

It looks like this is a bug when using the Teams Desktop client.  I was able to reproduce it there.  As a workaround if you open Teams in a Browser session and edit the Power App there you can add the SharePoint connection normally. I've reported it to the Microsoft product team and they are looking into it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (82,078)