cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhwoods
Frequent Visitor

Teams Powerapps Navigation - Getting back to open app I am developing from Build

Our organization has not setup Powerapps Dataverse access for us to use.  We must use Powerapps within Teams.  

Within Teams, when I navigate away from the app I am developing to look at Dataverse tables or any other navigation that takes me away from my hierarchy view, I cannot get back to the app I am developing without reopening it.  This is a problem because autosave is not working because I tried GIT integration and cannot uninstall it until the patch comes out so I am loosing work when I accidently exit.  When I reopen the Canvas app, I must override the already open session.

How can I get back to the open app?  This must be simple and I must be missing something.

2 REPLIES 2
smadep
Advocate I
Advocate I

same here.

Git integration enabled (I love it!), Autosave Off

autosave enabled would cause "unwanted" commits - so I switched it off.

I'm very careful not to leave the app - which you might even get a warning for but not in all cases, which happened just now...

just lost once more 2 hours work 😕

ideas?!

• instead of auto-save 2min, have the time configurable
  • or in case of git-integration enabled a 10min reminder not to forget to save.
  • or auto-save - which "stashes" changes until explicit save
  • or emergency-loading from local-storage?
jhwoods
Frequent Visitor

The app is still open but no way to get to it.  I rebuilt all apps and got rid of GitHub completely.  Autosave helps not loose changes now but why can't we get back to open apps to continue development.  I have a ticket with Microsoft.  Will post a solution is I get one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,917)