Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nours74
Helper II
Helper II

Teams Powerapps published "This App Stopped working"

Hi,

I know this error has a lot of topics about this but none of the solutions worked for me.

I have published an app on Teams using the Manifest Editor and publish to admin.

As I'm admin I have accepted and published the app on teams.

The app did installed on teams client and it worked for 2 days.

But since yesterday for no reason it doesnt work anymore for everybody.

We are all receiving the error : "This app stopped working. Try refreshing your browser..."

I have disabled all cache, cookies, etc... I have disabled all scanning defense in Edge Chromium.

If we open the app with a browser it works perfectly, but within Teams it doesn't work anymore.

I have the same issue outside the company network, in my personal computer at home.

Anyway I have checked the domains that have to be whitelisted in the proxy, they are all whitelisted.

I tried also to republish the app as an update, same issue.

Session ID : 4ae1e6f7-afb3-450f-92dd-ab5317720a14

I've noticed that someone who had this issue were constrained to reconstruct the app, I cannot do that, its a 8 months pro app that I cant redo.

I would really appreciate help. Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nours74 ,

Do you embed your canvas app into your Teams Tab?

Please consider take a try to remove the embedded canvas app from your Teams Tab, and then re-embed it into your Teams Channel through the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/embed-teams-app

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It's embeded in personal tab, I need to make it this way.

The app is deployed as a personnal App in the left menu inside Teams.

Inside the app there is a personal tab with the link to the canvas app.

UNO.jpg

Content URL :

https://apps.powerapps.com/play/acf69581-448f-4552-8d89-97c231001547?source=teamstab&locale={locale}&channelId={channelId}&channelType=&{channelType}&chatId=${chatId}&groupId={groupId}&hostClientType={hostClientType}&isFullScreen={isFullScreen}&subEntityID={subEntityID}&teamId={teamId}&teamType={teamType}&theme={theme}&userTeamRole={userTeamRole}

Hi @Nours74 ,

Have you tried to embed your canvas app as a custom app in your Teams?

Have you checked the article I provided above?

If you embedded your canvas app as custom app in your Teams, the embedded canvas app would also be reached from the left menu as below;

1.JPG

Please try above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, Sorry, maybe I wasnt clear.

This is exactly what I've done, let me recap :

- Inside Teams Manifest Editor I have created my new app, icon, description, personal tab with link to the app like in the MS kb for deploying custom app.

- App then submitted (Publish button) inside Manifest editor.

- As admin in the Team administration center I have allowed and published the app.

Then from Teams we see like in your screenshot the app as a custom app, installed.

This worked perfectly for 2 days, then after for no reason : "The app stopped working. try to refresh your browser".

Hi @Nours74 ,

You mean that the embedded canvas app worked before, but now, it is not? Currently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side, it seems that there is something issue with your canvas app.

Have you tried to embed another canvas app as custom app into your Teams, same issue? Please consider edit your canvas app using previous version of Power Apps as below:

https://create.powerapps.com/v3.20082.25.160862537/studio/

then make some changes to it, then re-publish it again. After that, remove the custom app from your Teams, then add this modified canvas app as custom app into your Teams, then check if the issue is fixed.

Regards,

Yes at the beginning it was working fine.

I'm in version 3.20084.9 (last recommended version).

When I open my app with your link I got this message : Something happened to the Power Apps version you were using.

The I have the options : Update to new version / Revert version.

Are you sure it will not break ? which option should I click ?

Hi @Nours74 ,

Please click the "Revert version" option to edit your canvas app using previous version of Power Apps. Then made some changes to it (e.g. add a button then remove it), then re-publish your canvas app.

The "Revert version" option would not affect your previous published version, if you want to switch to your previous published version, please go to the Details panel of your canvas app, then switch to "Versions" tab, then re-store to the version you want.

Regards,

Hi @Nours74 ,

Have you tried the solution I provided above? Is it helpful?

Please try the solution I provided above, then check if the issue is solved.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (61,450)