cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

Teams not executing Powerapp Launch Function when Powerapp as a Tab. Only in Teams.

Hi all, 

I have a canvas app which uses the launch function e.g. Launch("/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/YOUR-APP-ID", { Navigate: "Second Screen", Record: 34 }

so I am actually launching another or the same app again.

While the app works like a charm in the web version, I do not observe this functionality when the app is added as a tab in MS Teams.

I do not want it to work with standard web urls, but would like to launch the same app, just different window.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you, Best

Jules

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Hi,

When working with TEAMS there are many things to look at.

There are MANY issues with the Teams Desktop applications and PowerApps integration. I personally tell all my user to use the Web Version of the Teams Application when using my applications for now. I spent many hours on line with support and development on the issues with the Desktop application of Teams and PowerApps integration. 

Lets not forget the fact any of this stuff works is nothing short of AMAZING with all the parts and pieces that are in play. I know the Teams and PowerApps team will get it all workout soon but again the better and more dependable option is Teams in the web.

As an example an issue that has been around for a while is getting Location. In the Web Version and on Portable devices runs great but the desktop versions 32 or 64 bit will ask you to allow the location in both teams and the application but will not show it in the application.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (74,422)