cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTW Advocate II
Advocate II

Tell if an entry was created by PowerApps

Hi everyone. This is a question about Sharepoint more than PowerApps but its kind of related so I figure I'd ask anyway.

I have a sharepoint list, and there are three ways that we add lines to it

1) For single records, we have a powerapp

2) For a medium sized number of records, we copy and paste them directly into Sharepoint Online via Quick Edit

3) For large number of records, I have a Flow set up that will pull information from Excel into Sharepoint

For a given entry, is there a way I can see how it is entered? I know that there is/was a feild in SharePoint that recorded "App Created By" but I can't seem to find it. Is that still available? Where do I find that information?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
BenFetters Advocate V
Advocate V

Re: Tell if an entry was created by PowerApps

I'm not sure if that field is still available or not, but hopefully this could sort of solve the problem.

Maybe try adding a "FromPowerApps" field in your list and make it a yes/no field and make its default value equal no. Then in your form you could just have the value set to Yes so that whenever PowerApps is used the value will always be yes. I know that's kind of a short cut fix but hopefully that helps somehow! 

Let me know if any of that didn't make sense at all.

Kind regards,

Ben

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
BenFetters Advocate V
Advocate V

I'm not sure if that field is still available or not, but hopefully this could sort of solve the problem.

Maybe try adding a "FromPowerApps" field in your list and make it a yes/no field and make its default value equal no. Then in your form you could just have the value set to Yes so that whenever PowerApps is used the value will always be yes. I know that's kind of a short cut fix but hopefully that helps somehow! 

Let me know if any of that didn't make sense at all.

Kind regards,

Ben

View solution in original post

TopShelf-MSFT Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks for posting in the community @RTW - can you review the above reply and advise if it answers your question?

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

RTW Advocate II
Advocate II

@BenFetters 

That's the direction I was l;eaning if there wasn't another solution. I was hoping to be able to go back and see which entries were already created either through powerapps or another method. I suppose that might not be possible so if its important its good to design for that from the get-go.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,691)