cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAppsRookie
Helper I
Helper I

Template Form?

Can I create a template form with preformatted sizing and fonts? I'm going crazy with the repeated manual editing of forms hehe.

Thank you in advance!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@PowerAppsRookie 

Don't give up on Forms!  They are the best tool in PowerApps and provide so much functionality that you would have to do on your own.

They look ugly though!  And there is no current way to style the whole form or apply changes to all datacards.

But, if you really want to get a customized look for your Form, you can abandon the Form interface but still use the form as the data manager.

Take a look at this video and specifically this Part 3 on separating the interface from the form and not breaking the functionality.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @PowerAppsRookie 

Please see tip #7 in the following article by Power Apps master blogger,  @mdevaney  which enables bulk format edits to controls within forms.

10 Things You Should Know About Power Apps Forms (matthewdevaney.com) 

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

Yes and No. In relation to your question specifically the answer is no. Currently Edit Forms come into the app in a standardised theme / look. New Datacards added to the Edit Form requires adjustments to match your theme. This can be tedious.  

Yes there is a potential work around. By adding individual components to containers and galleries (depending on you scenario) you can create a theme that is scalable and fairly bespoke to your needs. you can then use Patch() -to write new and edit existing data, Reset() - to reset the individual components (wrapping this in Concurrent() helps). To make this look even better you can use HTML text / HTML to add shadows and design enhancements. Is this an edit form? - no but it can be reused and made into a standard theme and write data. 

I hope this helps answer your question. 

if you appreciated my response please like/kudo it to make me smile and if it answers your questions please click accept as solution.

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@PowerAppsRookie 

Don't give up on Forms!  They are the best tool in PowerApps and provide so much functionality that you would have to do on your own.

They look ugly though!  And there is no current way to style the whole form or apply changes to all datacards.

But, if you really want to get a customized look for your Form, you can abandon the Form interface but still use the form as the data manager.

Take a look at this video and specifically this Part 3 on separating the interface from the form and not breaking the functionality.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

@RandyHayes Mentiones some good points one thing that is really good about that approach is that you can maintain useful features e.g OnSuccess/OnFailure these can be very useful. also the simplicity of SubmitForm Vs Patch is another good point in favour of Forms. 

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !

AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @PowerAppsRookie 

Please see tip #7 in the following article by Power Apps master blogger,  @mdevaney  which enables bulk format edits to controls within forms.

10 Things You Should Know About Power Apps Forms (matthewdevaney.com) 

Hope this helps

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@AmDev 

Partially!!  It does not select all of the controls in the form.  Only the Value and Key.  Gets you a little closer, but not real control over all of the controls.

@RandyHayes  that's true, though I would say it gets you most of the way there given the Value and Key are the main visible controls that most users would want to format in bulk.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@AmDev 

Yep...that's what I was saying...gets you close!  It would REALLY be nice to be able to select controls at will.  To be able to select a control in one datacard and another in another datacard.  Dare to dream!!

@RandyHayes  - For sure, 'will' (👀) be great to have that functionality... 🤞

That would be a great feature is there an existing idea raised for this? 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,562)