cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vish_p
Helper V
Helper V

Temporary storing of user input and final submit

I have linked a sharepoint list to my powerapp as a form and user will be submiting the form using the input data.

Now the requirement is that they would like to have a temporary storage like a local collection wherein they can keep on adding datas and finally after verifying all the data details they'll be submitting to the form (i.e. sharepoint list) and all these datas should be stored as seperate rows in sharepoint list ..any way to acheive that ?

2 REPLIES 2
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vish_p,

Generally, I think what you want to achieve is bulk updating records to SharePoint list at once. In your scenario, your Source(Collection) and Destination(SP list) could have the same column names, you can use a simple Patch statement. Hence you can use the below formula to update the source at once with all the changes.

Patch(ListName , CollectionName)

You can create the collection with a formula similar to below formula to make the Patch work properly:

Collect(CollectionName,{Title:DataCardValue1.Text,DateTime:DateValue1.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue1.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteValue1.Selected.Value), 0),Person:DataCardValue2.Selected})

In the EditForm control, you can unlock the data cards, then copy and paste the formula inside each data card's Update property. Then the formula could be easily created with:

Collect(CollectionName,{ColumnNames:FormulaJustCopiedHere,......})

Make sure ColumnNames are exactly the same as SharePoint list column names.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Excuse me,since i am new to collection concept i need a bit more clarification on this :

Consider i am linking a sharepoint list as form in my app,now user will be able to fill in details on that columns which are autofetched from sharepoint list ,now after filling in the data when user is going to click on a button it should take all the currently entered data into a collection in background and again if user wish to add data he/she can do the same in that and finally they can exit.
Now when the approver is logging in to my app (using o365 mail id) he should be able to view all these datas which is lying in collection and should be able to export selected rows from that to excel (may be using flow) and then when he clicks on submit all the rows from collection should be bulk uploaded to my linked sharepoint list.

please help me for this requirement 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,566)