cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
dawnryan
Regular Visitor

Test says succeeded but it didn't: Did not add row to excel table.

When a (microsoft) form is submitted, i want to add a row in excel.

 

It worked with my test spreadsheet, so i'm relatively confident that i've set it up right.  But -- my test with the live spreadsheet says it ran successfully, but it didn't; the new row is not on the spreadsheet.

 

Everything looks right: I have the right file and table, and I know i do because the fields have all imported to the connector.

 

@StalinPonnusamy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dawnryan
Regular Visitor

It was open, but never did update.

 

I figured the problem might have been with access or permissions between my account and the departmental account, so i copied the spreadsheet over into a new file in the department's OneDrive.  IT WORKED!!!!! Even with the file accidentally open.  Has worked several times now.  THANK GOODNESS.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Can you show us a screenshot of the successful run?  The last one of these I ran into the person was looking for the output in the wrong place.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
dawnryan
Regular Visitor

Is this what you need?  

 

dawnryan_0-1638469408304.png

 

 

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Almost.  Please click on one of the successful runs and screenshot the results.  A screenshot of the configuration of the add row action would also be helpful.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
dawnryan
Regular Visitor

Hm. Thought i'd found the issue but just ran another test and it's still not there.

 

dawnryan_2-1638471245540.png

 

dawnryan6509
Regular Visitor

...I read that as, you wanted a shot of the one that "said" it was successful. But do you mean the one i did from my personal account to the test spreadsheet?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

A screenshot of the one that said it was successful, but that you couldn't find the new row for in the Spreadsheet.  The one you posted should have added the row based on the output.  Was that the one where you say you can't find the new row?



-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
dawnryan6509
Regular Visitor

Yes.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Was the Excel file open when the flow ran?  If not, how long after the flow ran did you open the file?  I have seen some latency when working with Excel adding rows.  I've seen it take as long as 5 minutes.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
dawnryan
Regular Visitor

It was open, but never did update.

 

I figured the problem might have been with access or permissions between my account and the departmental account, so i copied the spreadsheet over into a new file in the department's OneDrive.  IT WORKED!!!!! Even with the file accidentally open.  Has worked several times now.  THANK GOODNESS.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,392)