cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Text Format not working with internet explorer

Hey Guys, 

I have developed an app taht tracks the percentace of achieving goals. However the percentage only displays correctly in chrome not in the internet explorer. 

The text property is set to:  Text( (Parent.Default *100) , "[$-en]###0 %")

In chrome it is as i want it to be: 

ProblemChrome.PNG
The Internet Explorer displays it like this:

image.png

Thank you for your help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sarahKukis ,

Do you mean that Text function does not work as expected in Internet Explorer?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:2.JPG

Set the Text property of the Label to following:

Text(0.125*100, "[$-en-US]###0 %")

or

Text(4/32*100, "[$-en-US]###0 %")          // Text(Ergebnis/Basic * 100, "[$-en-US]###0 %")

Currently, when running PowerApps app in Internet explorer, there are some requirements limits you need to know:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config#supported-browsers-fo...

Please check if your PC's configuration meets the requirements to run an app.

In addition, there are also some unknown issue when running PowerApps app using Internet explorer, and some PowerApps features would not be supported within Internet explorer browser.

As an alternative solution, I think it is not necessary to use Text function format the number value in your app. Please consider take a try with the following formula:

Round(Parent.Default * 100, 0) & " %"

Please take a try with above alternative solution in your app, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sarahKukis ,

Do you mean that Text function does not work as expected in Internet Explorer?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:2.JPG

Set the Text property of the Label to following:

Text(0.125*100, "[$-en-US]###0 %")

or

Text(4/32*100, "[$-en-US]###0 %")          // Text(Ergebnis/Basic * 100, "[$-en-US]###0 %")

Currently, when running PowerApps app in Internet explorer, there are some requirements limits you need to know:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config#supported-browsers-fo...

Please check if your PC's configuration meets the requirements to run an app.

In addition, there are also some unknown issue when running PowerApps app using Internet explorer, and some PowerApps features would not be supported within Internet explorer browser.

As an alternative solution, I think it is not necessary to use Text function format the number value in your app. Please consider take a try with the following formula:

Round(Parent.Default * 100, 0) & " %"

Please take a try with above alternative solution in your app, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you! 

The round function didn't work either. What I did is use this formula 

Text(Ergebnis/Basic * 100, "[$-en-US]###0 %")

instead of using the stand value in my sharepoint list, that calculatated the stand based on the same formula but this way it workes now in both browsers.  

Hi @sarahKukis ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,427)