Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joseph_Nasr
Helper I
Helper I

Text Input Box for every Selected Choice in ComboBox

Hello everyone,

I am building a medical app for a Nurse to use to log Visits to his/her clinic.

When creating a new visit via a form in the app into a SharePoint List (i.e. when someone visits the Nurse's clinic), the Nurse will have to choose one or more medicine from a dropdown list/ComboBox (multiple selections are available) for that patient during that visit.

The Nurse is to also choose a quantity/enter the amount of each medicine chosen. How can this be implemented? I was thinking of creating text input boxes, but the problem is for Patient A the Nurse may choose 2 medicine items, but for Patient B the Nurse may select 5 medicine items.

Thanks in advance for any help. I really appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can use gallery control with textbox ( quantity per medicine selection) and dropdown ( medicine items bind from SP) .

Create submit button on the screen. Use Collect to push the data into sharepoint list.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Joseph_Nasr 

You can go for gallery for adding medicine details based on the medicine select for each visitor. 

Hope this helps. 

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

prajyot
Resolver III
Resolver III

You can use the Form Control.

Inside Form control add Textbox for name, add Textbox for quantity , add Combobox for medicine items. Make sure in  the Combobox set the property SelectMultiple to true. You should be able to submit the form into SharePoint List directly via SharePoint connector.

Hope this helps !

Thanks & Regards,

Prajyot

Thanks for trying to help! Can you please tell me more about how can a gallery help in this case? My DropDown list of Medicine items is coming from a Sharepoint list called Medicine 

Nice approach but this does not allow you to set the quantities of let's say 3 selected  medicine items in the ComboBox does it?

You can use gallery control with textbox ( quantity per medicine selection) and dropdown ( medicine items bind from SP) .

Create submit button on the screen. Use Collect to push the data into sharepoint list.

Hope this helps.

@Joseph_Nasr 

Just bind a collection based on the combo box selection. Map that collection in the gallery and add required fields that you want to edit. 

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,589)