Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcarneiroIE
Helper I
Helper I

Text Input Control - Scrool Bars

Hi Folks,

Is there a way to hide the scrool bars on TEXT INPUT controls, even when we have many lines?

Many tanks,

Ricardo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@rcarneiroIE 

You might consider using a Label control instead of a TextInput control.  It looks like you are not necessarily editing the text in that screen as I see a icon next to it.  If you are not editing, then use a Label instead and size it as you want and then turn the Wrap property off on the label.  If there is more text than can fit, it will append "..." to the text.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@rcarneiroIE 

No you cannot disable them on that control. 

But my question would be, if you disabled them how would the person be able to scroll through (or even know to scroll through) the additional lines?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Hi @RandyHayes ,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

First I needed to know if it was possible to disable it, if so I would play with enable/disable posibilities.

I don't like the look and fell on my form, this is the only reason I asked it.

Many thanks,

Ricardo.

@rcarneiroIE 

You might consider using a Label control instead of a TextInput control.  It looks like you are not necessarily editing the text in that screen as I see a icon next to it.  If you are not editing, then use a Label instead and size it as you want and then turn the Wrap property off on the label.  If there is more text than can fit, it will append "..." to the text.

View solution in original post

Actually this an old form I am changing.

If you note beside the field there is a blue icon (new version). On the current version the Users type the information on that screen (TEXT INPUT), but a new version will open another "Dialog Form", where the User will insert/edit the information. That field stores many line of text and the best way to Insert or Edit will be openning that "Dialog Form" as you can see on the picture i am inserting now.

Anyway, many thanls for your time.

Ricardo.

@rcarneiroIE 

Yep, then I would go with a Label on the list and set the wrap on it if you're going to pull it up in another edit view anyway.

Completely agree.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,541)