cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pilopais

Text Input Not displaying

Hi, I am trying to setup a search-box tool for an App autopopulated with a Dataverse table but I keep on failing. I have a couple of questions that might be related to each other.  Some additional context: I am using PowerApps from within Microsoft teams, which displays a version =0.7.

1. I loaded my Data linked to a Table I created and my App autopopulated (screenshot below). I then inserted a "text box" and clicked on the "BrowseGallery" where I tried to input "Search(MPP_Try2

2. I cannot find the "Text Input" add-on, but rather a "Text Box" add-on button which is what I am using.

3. My controllers display (Menu) look very different than the one shown in most forums/youtube videos (language aside). 

Any help is appreciated

pilopais_2-1668439524564.png

pilopais_1-1668438615899.png

5 REPLIES 5
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pilopais 

You are missing closing parentheses in your items formula.  Add one to the end to close out the Filter function.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hi @RandyHayes , thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately that is not the problem (sorry, I did a quick screenshot to recreate the issue). The problem seems to appear already when I am "calling" the table:

pilopais_0-1668440367112.png

pilopais_1-1668440445027.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pilopais 

Well, from what I see in your first photo, you don't have a TextBox2...you have a TextBox1 though.  Is that what you perhaps want?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

@RandyHayes No, and again apologies for these typos. I have been trying for several hours and in order to recreate the issue without compromising private information I did a blank app and mixed up names, etc.... 

pilopais_0-1668441017686.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pilopais 

Substitute semicolon (;) for the commas (,) in your formula.

Your language most likely needs them instead of commas.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,953)