Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephenGW
Helper II
Helper II

Text Input &

Hello all,

Got what should be a simple question but I'm struggling. I have a text input that works as a lookup in my Excel data to pull email address based on a couple dropdowns in my app. I would like to add some text from a text input in the app to allow people to add more email addresses that might not be in the Excel data. My first input box looks like this for the text property.

Filter(Emails, Location&Department = ddLocation.Selected.Locations&ddDepartment.Selected.Result)

with an output of something like this. email1@email.com,email2@email.com

I would like to allow the user to add emails based on the input box in the app. I have tired these.

Filter(Emails, Location&Department = ddLocation.Selected.Locations&ddDepartment.Selected.Result)&", "&tiAddNote.Text

Filter(Emails, Location&Department = ddLocation.Selected.Locations&ddDepartment.Selected.Result)&&", "&&tiAddNote.Text

Filter(Emails, Location&Department = ddLocation.Selected.Locations&ddDepartment.Selected.Result&", "&tiAddNote.Text)

The first 2 give me an error and the 3rd gives me no output.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stephen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @StephenGW ,

You did not mention the field name that actually has the email in it, but you would need something like this

Concat(
   Filter(
     Emails, 
     Location = dLocation.Selected.Locations &&
     Department = ddDepartment.Selected.Result
   ).EmailFieldName & ";"
) & ";" & tiAddNote.Text

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @StephenGW ,

You did not mention the field name that actually has the email in it, but you would need something like this

Concat(
   Filter(
     Emails, 
     Location = dLocation.Selected.Locations &&
     Department = ddDepartment.Selected.Result
   ).EmailFieldName & ";"
) & ";" & tiAddNote.Text

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

@WarrenBelz 

It's always more simple than I am making it 🙂 I was trying to add it to the text input that already does the Filter but I guess I should have just been adding it into the Mail function. Thank you as always for the quick and concise reply! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (51,170)