cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
virakones
Resolver II
Resolver II

Text Label based on GET request using a Collected value not updating consistently

Hello,

I have a Powerapp that will display details of an Order.

The user will search the database using an Order Id entered through a Text input. On Change of the text label (hitting enter) I will call an API to Get the related Order details and Collect that to reference in some Galleries.

OnChange: 

Set(
    varSearchValue,
    Self.Text
);
ClearCollect(
    colOrder,
        MyAPI.GetOrdersByNumber({OrderNumber: varSearchValue})
)

I will display the Orders main item groups in a main Gallery, and details of those item groups in a child sub-Gallery within the main gallery.

Ex. Item group Gallery - First(colOrder).itemGroups

> Products Ordered (subGallery2)ThisItem.products

>product name - ThisItem.productId
>product name - ThisItem.productName
>product quantity -ThisItem.productQuantity
>etc.

In the Sub-gallery, I have a text label that will do another Get request based on Id values retrieved from the Collection from the initial text input to retrieve the Products SKU.

Text: MyAPI.GetProductsById(ThisItem.productId).sku

However, if I type in several orders in succession, I find that, consistently, the text labels in the sub gallery do not update to the correct SKU of the specific product - even though the Collection details are correctly updated and that it theoretically should be making the correct API call.

I'm not able to "refresh" or "reset" a text label so I'm not sure what else I can do here to ensure that the text label is always displaying the correct value.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,504)