cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
virakones
Resolver II
Resolver II

Text Label based on GET request using a Collected value not updating consistently

Hello,

I have a Powerapp that will display details of an Order.

The user will search the database using an Order Id entered through a Text input. On Change of the text label (hitting enter) I will call an API to Get the related Order details and Collect that to reference in some Galleries.

OnChange: 

Set(
    varSearchValue,
    Self.Text
);
ClearCollect(
    colOrder,
        MyAPI.GetOrdersByNumber({OrderNumber: varSearchValue})
)

I will display the Orders main item groups in a main Gallery, and details of those item groups in a child sub-Gallery within the main gallery.

Ex. Item group Gallery - First(colOrder).itemGroups

> Products Ordered (subGallery2)ThisItem.products

>product name - ThisItem.productId
>product name - ThisItem.productName
>product quantity -ThisItem.productQuantity
>etc.

In the Sub-gallery, I have a text label that will do another Get request based on Id values retrieved from the Collection from the initial text input to retrieve the Products SKU.

Text: MyAPI.GetProductsById(ThisItem.productId).sku

However, if I type in several orders in succession, I find that, consistently, the text labels in the sub gallery do not update to the correct SKU of the specific product - even though the Collection details are correctly updated and that it theoretically should be making the correct API call.

I'm not able to "refresh" or "reset" a text label so I'm not sure what else I can do here to ensure that the text label is always displaying the correct value.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (33,115)