cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greenaal08
Regular Visitor

Text Label change in real time based on form input

Heyo I'm trying to make a form that inputs data submitted into a new row in excel(which is a post for another time) BUT I would like the text title at the top of the form to change based on the "name" field's data as the person inputs it. For example you type "John" in the name field and at the title will change from "new form" to "john"

Not really sure how to do that though with the commands, any suggestions?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @greenaal08 ,

I assume you are referring to a button control? Set the Text of this to

If(
   !IsBlank(YourTextBox.Text),
   YourTextBox.Text,
   "New Form"
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @greenaal08 ,

Pretty much what I posted except put it on the Text of the top label.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @greenaal08 ,

I assume you are referring to a button control? Set the Text of this to

If(
   !IsBlank(YourTextBox.Text),
   YourTextBox.Text,
   "New Form"
)

greenaal08
Regular Visitor

Hi @WarrenBelz thank you for responding!

The solution you proposed isn't exactly what I meant with my question. The picture below is an example of what I'm trying to do. This is an edit//new form screen with most of the information filled in. The title card of "FlooringEstimates" stays the same regardless of what form you choose, premade or new. I would like the input from the name field to change the title label as I change it. So in this case, once I am done with the form and it is just the view screen the top should say "Caserta Stone Beige." It isn't exactly a necessary feature but I just want to know if it is possible. Thanks!

pwrq.PNG

Hi @greenaal08 ,

Pretty much what I posted except put it on the Text of the top label.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,603)