Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Text and Language Function behaving incorrectly

Hi,

I have a canvas app which uses Value and Text function for calculations for most of the fields across the app. It´s working fine when i share the app with users in USA. I shared the app to few users in Brazil and Spain and the calculation started behaving incorrectly and i can see Decimal values(.) instead of commas(,) in all the calculated values. Is there any way to mitigate the issue or to make the app to force use language set during development(en-US).

Appreciate the help.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Text and Language Function behaving incorrectly

Hi @kbilakanti ,

Do you want to avoid the language changing with location?

You could set the language and location in powerapps studio.

32600.PNG

Please change the language to English, location to United States.

326001.PNG

326002.PNG

Then the language will not change with location.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Will that work for end users, who are trying to access the app in browsers as well. I have users in Spain and Brazil, so if I set the language and region to English and United states, will that effect to users who are in Brazil and Spain to use the same Engish language and region as United States?
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kbilakanti ,

Do you mean that the if you set one user's powerapps studio , it will affect all the other users' language?

I'm afraid it will not.

Current user's powerapps studio settings will only affect current user's language.

End users need to set this on their own.

If end users could edit the app, you just need to ask them log in powerapps studio to change the settings that I mentioned.

If end users could only run the app, maybe he needs to change his browser's language.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,409)