cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Text box fill colour based on details in Sharepoint

Morning, Afternoon, Evening all!!

I just wondered if someone could be good enough to help as i have been trying to sort this issue and even google and youtube dosen't seam to work.

What i want to do is have a text cell and for the formula to look at a certain column in a sharepoint location and if it sees a certain word then for it to be filled in with the coloured red or if it dosent see that certain word for it to be coloured green

Does anyone know if this is possible at all, as i been able to get it to work based on a field within my form but not to a sharepoint list.

Many thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Text box fill colour based on details in Sharepoint

Hi @wojejo ,

You will have Delegation issues with this on large lists and you also did not say where you were getting the "certain word" from, however assuming the word is in the text box, it would go something like this in the Color property

If(
   CountRows(
      Filter(
         YourListName,
         YourTextBox.Text in YourCertainColumn
      )
   )>0,
   Red,
   Green
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @wojejo ,

You will have Delegation issues with this on large lists and you also did not say where you were getting the "certain word" from, however assuming the word is in the text box, it would go something like this in the Color property

If(
   CountRows(
      Filter(
         YourListName,
         YourTextBox.Text in YourCertainColumn
      )
   )>0,
   Red,
   Green
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Consider this:

If(IsBlank(TextInput1.Text),White,
If(IsBlank(LookUp(ProductsNew,ColumnName=TextInput1.Text)),Green,Red))

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted

True about the Delegation issues but i can live with that for moment

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,738)