cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NurNina
Post Patron
Post Patron

Text field in canvas apps

I have a field for user to key in and one of the field is quantity. Im using text field for quantity. 

quantity.PNG

Then, I have a save button that patch back the quantity keyed-in into cds. I want to let user key in only numbers not alphabet. How do I do that without changing the field type? Like give error notification or something?

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @NurNina ,

You might try something like (I will use TextInput1 as the field name - substitute your field name for this).

If(
   Value(TextInput1)> 0,
   [Do the valid stuff],
   [Do the error stuff]
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NurNina ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to force the user to only type in number value within the Quantity Text Box?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Format property of the Text Input box could achieve your needs. Please consider change the Format property of the Quantity Text Box to Number as below:

8.JPG

then the user could only type number value within the Quantity Text Box.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xida-msft if I change the format, when I patch back to cds, does it still considered as text field or not?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,785)