cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kunalkankariya
Helper I
Helper I

Text field to Currency field

In Power Apps, I need a a "US $ Currency" input field (format : number). The field should always show a "$" sign irrespective of the language and region of the browser.

We have a workaround in place but wanted to know if this is possible using the Text function or any in-built function.

9 REPLIES 9
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

You can try

"$"&"" in the Default of the Textbox

Or

"$"&"YourFormulaHere"

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eka24 ,

Thanks.

This doesn't help as the field is a number field as mentioned in my query. 

As I said, we do have a workaround in place but the inability to force a currency symbol irrespective of the locale using the formatting options isn't available I guess.

Edit : I replied using my other ID by mistake.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to display currency field in the format of "$" in powerapps?

If so, you just need to set the textinput's Default by using Text function.

Try this:

Text(ThisItem.currencyfield,"$#")
//please replace with your currency field name

If you want to display in this format: $111,111,11 

You could use formula like this:

Text(ThisItem.currencyfield,"$#,###")

I suggest you know more about Text function:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-text

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear @v-yutliu-msft ,

Thank you for the response. However, my specific ask was that the currency symbol "$" persists even if the browser locale is changed.

The Text function formatting takes the locale into account and changes the symbol. Thanks.

I tried inserting another TextBox with the currency sign only:

Default: "$" and Set the border to 0

CURRENCY.JPG

Result:

CURRENCY2.JPG

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@eka24 ,

Thanks. But we have already implemented this workaround. Need to know if its possible using the Text function. Thanks.

Did you stated that you have implemented my suggestion already in your post?

------------

Yes, we are already joining two text input fields to keep the $ static but doesn't seem to be an ideal implementation.

Can you show your form or the nature of the textbox in a screen shot?

Is it a calculated textbox? or users will input into the textbox

Am thinking of having another textbox with the $, then concatenate with your textbox which holds the value.

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,044)