Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Text input DisplayFields and SearchFields loosing formula

Hello everyone,

I am facing a problem Text Inputs. I have an app that I use with multiple datasources. I save the app with another name and afterwards change the data source. I find that, when I do this, the DisplayFields and SearchFields that I had previously identified are lost and gone back to default. Bellow some pictures:

These are the values that I modified.
Org_Values.png

These are the values that I have when I change the data source.

Found_Values.png

Any ideas on how to avoid this uncontrolled changes?

Thankyou in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Text input DisplayFields and SearchFields loosing formula

Hello @clau0289,

I assume the issue happens on ComboBox configuration fields. If so then I understand the issue but unfortunately this is how ComboBox currently works. The reason this happens is because the ComboBox attempts to detect the best configuration properties from the bound data source every time it changes. You will most likely get the same result by just removing a letter from the data source name and then adding it back. The ComboBox configuration function currently does not check to see if the new data source possibly contains similar fields that could be preserved. Such a functionality would be useful tohugh so I would suggest to propose it as a new idea here:  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas/status-key/Under_Review

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @clau0289,

I assume the issue happens on ComboBox configuration fields. If so then I understand the issue but unfortunately this is how ComboBox currently works. The reason this happens is because the ComboBox attempts to detect the best configuration properties from the bound data source every time it changes. You will most likely get the same result by just removing a letter from the data source name and then adding it back. The ComboBox configuration function currently does not check to see if the new data source possibly contains similar fields that could be preserved. Such a functionality would be useful tohugh so I would suggest to propose it as a new idea here:  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas/status-key/Under_Review

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Yes, I confirm it's a ComboBox.

I leave below the link to the idea I created as you suggested just in case this feature comes handy to someone else.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/ComboBox-preserving-DisplayFields-and-SearchFiel...

Thank you,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,839)