cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ColinM
Level: Powered On

Text input values disappear inside Gallery

Hi, 

I am building an inventory app which needs to be able to count products stored in multiple locations.  Within the app I have a collection, a gallery and three input fields inside the gallery.  

Through PatchUpdateContext and possibly one other way to add the values entered into the text box I am able to ammend the total inventory counted.  My problem is this: 
Every time I navigate away from the field inside the gallery, my value(s) disappear.  

I have attached the code to OnSelect & OnChange; changed the default to "", [blank], false, and anything else I can think of.  Any help would be much appreciated. 

General Idea of App: 

In Gallery - User enters values.

Apples:  10 on the floor; 5 near cash register; 30 apples in backroom. 

Oranges:  8 on floor; 3 near cash; 100 in back room. 

In Collection:  

Name: / Inv: 

Apples / 45

Oranges / 111

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Text input values disappear inside Gallery

@ColinM 

Can you possibly supply a picture of your screen to get a better idea about what you are trying to put together?

That will help in understanding the issue better.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
ColinM
Level: Powered On

Re: Text input values disappear inside Gallery

Hi,

1 - Thank you very much for your question and any help you can provide.

2 -

Please find the attached screen shot of my Collection and the Gallery. It is a bit messy as I have tried a number of workarounds, some of which are better than others.  

At the top: 
Apple:   Input Box= 12; Input Box = 45

Code attached to each box: 

Patch(InventoryCollection, {Name: "Apple"}, {Inv: (fridgeAppleText + ovrstockAppleText)})

This successfully adds the values of the inventory to the collection, however, it would require me to build and rename new text input fields for each new item.  I would prefer to build a dynamic option which will display each item in a gallery.  

Dynamic Solution:

The Gallery.

Title:  Name of Item
Subtitle:  Inventory

Input box 1, 2 3:  Location(s) where inventory is kept. 

Code attached to OnChange of Input boxes:

Patch(InventoryCollection, {Name: Title4.Text},{ Inv: FridgeInvTxt+OverStock2txt+OvrStock1txt})

What happens:  

Collection updates - Value in text input box disappears / reverts to default values.  I have tried to disable the default values, insert null string, assign false value.  

Thanks,

Colin

@RandyHayes 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,419)