Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veronica
Level 8

Text property

Hi everyone:

I have 2 fields datatype nvarchar in Azure SQL in a Table. 1 field was create first and weeks later the other one. TSInitial and the other one TSFinal save the same type of info.

I am coding in the text property of the TSInitial and when I look for the text property on the second datacard to code I don't see the text property.  I delete and create the field again but nothing.  The fields are almost equal.  The only difference is the name.  I hade to put the code on the default property instead of the text property like in the first field.  

Can anyone have experience this? Should I be worry?  Is this an effect of an update in PowerApps?

Thanks,

Veronica

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vverb
Level: Powered On

Re: Text property

Sorry, I didn't see the attached word document. 

It looks like your first DataCardValue is a Label control, while your second one is a Text Input control. This difference is probably because your first field was added to the form as a 'view text' field and the second one as an 'edit text' one.

I'm pretty sure both DataCards have already been 'unlocked', so you can't really verify or change it, apart from remaking the DataCard from scratch.

Unless your first DataCard (TSinitial) is going to require user input at some point this is probably fine the way it is.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
vverb

I don't remember ever seeing a 'Text' property on a (form?) DataCard. 

Is your TSinitial code inside the Text property of the DataCard itself or on the DataCardKey (label) or DataCardValue (textinput control) inside the DataCard, by any chance?

I haven't experienced your issue myself, but having your code inside the Default property is of a DataCard is a very normal thing to me. 

Veronica
Level 8

Thanks a lot for responding.....

The code is in the DataCardValue, Please refer to the image on the word document..

Veronica

vverb

Sorry, I didn't see the attached word document. 

It looks like your first DataCardValue is a Label control, while your second one is a Text Input control. This difference is probably because your first field was added to the form as a 'view text' field and the second one as an 'edit text' one.

I'm pretty sure both DataCards have already been 'unlocked', so you can't really verify or change it, apart from remaking the DataCard from scratch.

Unless your first DataCard (TSinitial) is going to require user input at some point this is probably fine the way it is.

View solution in original post

KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

@Veronica

You add a field and don't see it. Probably you only have to Refresh your datasource to be able to select the new field in your formula(), that's the goal you have am I right? Go to View, Datasources, Refresh the right datasource.

If this not work, delete the datasource from PowerApps and reconnect with it.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Veronica
Level 8

Hi, Paul:

Thanks for taking time and answer my question. I see the datacardvalue.  The problem is that I don't see the text property in the list of the datacard.  I refresh the datasource, delete and insert the field like twice.  I decided to code in the default property and continue.

Thanks,

Vero

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,773)