cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Textbox replaced a dropdown and need update the list with the text in the textbox

Hello!

I have a dropdown field that I want to delete and put in a textbox that will auto populate the user.  I'm able to auto populate the user.  My problem is, when I delete the dropdown field I get an error on the datacard update.  What do I need to input here to ensure that the list item will get updated with what is in the textbox?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

I was over thinking it.  I just made the choice field a single line of text in SharePoint. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User III
Super User III

You would need to replace this with a reference to your new textbox control. This would be something like the following:

YourTextbox.Text

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the quick response @timl !

That's what I thought and tried that but get "Expected Record Value" error.  I can provide screenshots if needed.

Thank you!

You're welcome @thressac!

What data source are you using and what's the data type of the field that you're trying to update?

Frequent Visitor

@timl , the dropdown field is coming from a sharepoint list and the data type is Complex.  I hope I answered what you are needing. 

@thressac - what exactly is the complex field that you're working with - a choice column, lookup column, person/group, or something else?

Frequent Visitor

Choice column

@thressac  - if you set the update property of your card to a formula in the following format, that should hopefully solve the problem.

LookUp(Choices([@YourSharePointList].YourSPChoiceColumn), 
       Value=txtYourTextBox.Text
)

Frequent Visitor

I was over thinking it.  I just made the choice field a single line of text in SharePoint. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (25,428)