Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimJim
Helper V
Helper V

Textbox scrollbar disabled when FormMode = View

Hi Guys,

I have a form that includes a textbox for Audit data, usually the audit data can be large and therefore the scrollbar is necessary. However, when the form is in view mode, the scroll bar is disabled. How do I provide users with scroll functionality while in view mode?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User
Super User

I suggest either you change the DisplayMode of that Datacard from Parent.DisplayMode to DisplayMode.Edit

Or

Insert a Label and set the Text property to TextboxName.Text

Also change the Auto Height to true and Scroll to Overflow.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

In the ScrollShow property write

FormMode.View

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was I helpful? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. It will help other users to find it faster.

follow me on Twitter @zmansuri123,
connect with me on LinkedIn from Here

Hi @zmansuri , there is no ScrollShow property

eka24
Super User
Super User

Is the Mode property of the Textbox set to Multiline?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@eka24 , yes the text input box is multiline.

Having double checked the properties of the box, I don't have any related to scroll bars.

The scroll bar automatically displays when the form is in edit mode, when the form is in view mode I can see the scroll bar but it is disabled. I have also changed the text input mode to Edit but this doesn't fix it

eka24
Super User
Super User

I suggest either you change the DisplayMode of that Datacard from Parent.DisplayMode to DisplayMode.Edit

Or

Insert a Label and set the Text property to TextboxName.Text

Also change the Auto Height to true and Scroll to Overflow.

------------

@eka24 , thank you, changing the display mode of the data card fixed it 😀

I thought that changing the display mode of the text box would be enough but I was wrong

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,858)