cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KASCHN
Resolver I
Resolver I

Textinput control in a gallery does not capture value when using Blank Flexible Height Gallery control - Custom Page

I am using a custom page in a model driven app. Inserting a gallery of type Blank Flexible Height Gallery creates an issue with a textinput box added to the template. When I preview or play the custom page and type data into the textinput box, the data is not captured. It returns to the original value (whether blank or something else).

It seems this is only an issue with this type of gallery. 

In the screenshot below I typed 123456 into both galleries on the top line. When I navigate away from the textbox in the "Blank Flexible Height Gallery" the value returns to "Text box" and entered value is not captured. On the "Flexible Height Gallery", the input persists.

Screenshot 2021-09-11 103654.png

5 REPLIES 5
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@KASCHN 

Do you have the same Default property in the Textinput box in both galleries?  I am not seeing that behavior in my test.  Both galleries work the same way.

There is no default property for this input. The textinput on the custom page has different properties than a typical canvas app. While Canvas App text input has "Default", "Text" properties, Custom Page has a property "Value". Basically, in both galleries I added the textinput from the insert menu as-is and kept all the default values that come with the control. Trying to compare apples to apples.

DennisTKuhn
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am having the same issue in a teams canvas app when using the modern controls (.Value), using the classic control works (.Text). The Text Input works outside a gallery, but not inside the gallery.

Don't use the Blank Flexible Height Gallery. Choose the other "Flexible Height Gallery" and then delete the controls you don't want. It seemed to be just a problem with the Blank Flexible Height Gallery control.

Awesomest thank you very much that worked well for the modern text input. I then just had issues with the height being rather static 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,085)